2018 Japan – U.S. Innovation Awards Symposium
- Signature event of the Japan – U.S. Innovation Awards Program, organized by the Japan Society of Northern California in cooperation with the Stanford University US-Asia Technology Management Center
- Friday, July 13, 2018 at the Stanford University Arrillaga Alumni Center from 1:30 – 6:00 p.m.
- Emerging Leader Awards will be presented to a Japanese and a U.S. company demonstrating very rapid growth and a unique, disruptive innovation and/or business model.
- Innovation Showcase will recognize up to five exciting Japanese start-up companies. An invitation-only workshop will be curated for these companies connecting them with Silicon Valley resources and mentoring.
New for 2018 – Outstanding Innovation Award
The Japan – U.S. Innovation Awards Program in 2018 will initiate the Outstanding Innovation Award to honor dynamic, rapidly growing and entrepreneurial firms.
- Honors up to 3 U.S. and 3 Japanese companies in two public videoconference programs with live audiences both in the U.S. and in Japan in early 2018.
- Chosen for outstanding innovations in technology or business that show signs of potentially changing the world.
- Winners will be selected by the Innovation Advisory Council, following a rigorous process.
- Outstanding Innovation Award winners will automatically be considered for the Emerging Leader Awards presented at the 2018 Innovation Awards Symposium.
Congratulations to the awardees and showcase companies honored at the seventh annual Japan-US Innovation Awards Symposium last year.
Emerging Leader Awardees 2017
Preferred Networks, Inc.
Hiroshi Maruyama, Chief Strategy Officer
Stuart MacClure, Co-Founder,Chairman & CEO
Innovation Showcase Awardees 2017
Takashi Kato, Co-Founder & CEO
Genjiro Miwa, Co-Founder, President & CEO
Seven Dreamers Laboratories, Inc.
Shin Sakane, President & CEO
TBM Co., Ltd.
Nobuyoshi Yamasaki, CEO
Kiyoto Tamura, Vice President, Marketing
See interesting Press Coverage of 2017 Innovation Awards:
We offer special thanks to 2017 Innovation Awards Sponsors, and invite interested organizations to consider sponsoring the 2018 Awards.
Join the Japan Society today!
- Tim Romero, media sponsor for the 2017 Innovation Awards Symposium, interviews founder of Euglena, winner of the Emerging Leader Award in the 2013.
- Hear about 2017 Innovation Showcase company Seven Dreamers Laboratories, Inc., in this interesting podcast with Tim Romero of “Disrupting Japan”.