FOURTH ANNUAL JAPAN-US INNOVATION AWARDS
When the best of Japanese creativity and American entrepreneurial skill join forces, unimagined business opportunities occur.
The Japan Society of Northern California’s Innovation Initiative, guided by an expert Japan – U.S. network of Venture Capitalists, academics and business persons, honors truly significant Japan – U.S. innovation and entrepreneurship.
Awards will be presented at the fourth annual Japan – U.S. Innovation Awards Symposium to be held at Stanford University on Friday, July 25, 2014. The Symposium is offered in cooperation with the Stanford University US-Asia Technology Management Center.
In addition to the annual Innovation Awards Symposium, interim programs such as the recent “Growing Biotech Ties Between the Bay Area and Japan” Salon (orchestrated in cooperation with QB 3 at the UCSF Mission Bay Campus) will be held.
Innovation Symposium Awards Information:
- Presented to a U.S. and to a Japanese company, each having a credible Japan – U.S. connection, that is unique, young, dynamic, growing rapidly, and entrepreneurial.
- Winners will stand out as particularly noteworthy for some specific innovation that is beginning to show a major impact, typically through demonstrated growth and also for holding great future promise.
- Additional information about the Emerging Leader Award, selection criteria and process can be found by clicking on the “Emerging Leader” tab at the top of this home page.
Emerging Leader Nominations Sought:
- Nominations from the general public are desired. Information about the Emerging Leader selection process can be found here. The Emerging Leader nomination form can be submitted online or via email. Completed nomination forms should be emailed to Yuriko Tada (firstname.lastname@example.org) with a cc to John Thomas (email@example.com). Please click here to complete the form online. Please click here to download a form to be submitted via email.
- Nominations must be received by midnight, November 15, 2013, in California.
- Winners will be selected through a global video conference competition held in late March 2014. Companies selected as a finalist to participate in the video conference competition will be notified several weeks in advance.
2013 Innovation Symposium Highlights
2013 Award Winners