FIFTH ANNUAL JAPAN-US INNOVATION AWARDS
Friday, July 17, 2015
Arrillaga Alumni Center, Stanford UniversityWhen the best of Japanese creativity and American entrepreneurial skill join forces, unimagined opportunities occur.
The Japan Society of Northern California’s Innovation Initiative, guided by an expert Japan – U.S. panel of VCs, academic experts and business persons, honors truly significant Japan – U.S. innovation and entrepreneurship.
Awards will be presented at the Fifth Annual Japan – U.S. Innovation Awards Symposium to be held at Stanford University on July 17, 2015. The Symposium is offered in cooperation with the Stanford University US-Asia Technology Management Center.
In addition to the annual Innovation Awards Symposium, interim programs (“Innovation Salons”) are held periodically.
Innovation Symposium Awards Information:
- Presented to a U.S. and to a Japanese company, each having a credible Japan – U.S. connection, that is unique, young, dynamic, growing rapidly, and entrepreneurial.
- Winners will stand out as particularly noteworthy for some specific innovation that is beginning to show a major impact, typically through demonstrated growth and also for holding great future promise.
- Additional information about the Emerging Leader Award, selection criteria and process can be found by clicking on the “Emerging Leader” tab at the top of this home page.
Emerging Leader Nominations Sought:
- Nominations from the general public are desired. Information about the Emerging Leader selection process can be found by clicking the “Emerging Leader” tab. The Emerging Leader nomination form can be found by clicking “Nomination Form” under the Emerging Leader tab. Completed nomination forms should be scanned and then emailed to Yuriko Tada (firstname.lastname@example.org) with a cc to John Thomas (email@example.com).
- Nominations must be received by midnight, November 14, 2014.
- Winners will be selected through a very careful screening process governed by the Innovation Advisory Council and Innovation Steering Committee that oversees these Awards. Nominated companies will be informed in January, 2015 if they are under consideration to receive a Final Award. Finalists may be asked to provide additional information to help IAC members make an informed decision. Winners will be selected in February, 2015.