INNOVATION SALON: GROWING BIOTECH TIES BETWEEN THE BAY AREA AND JAPAN
Wednesday, September 25, 2013
5:30 PM – 8:30 PM
When the best of Japanese creativity and American entrepreneurial skill join forces, unimagined business opportunities occur.
The Japan Society of Northern California is pleased to offer continuing programming that explores new dimensions of Japan – U.S. innovation and entrepreneurship. This “Innovation Salon” panel discussion will spotlight unique business opportunities and business models, arising from expansion of the UCSF Mission Bay complex – America’s center of biotech excellence – and reinforced by its very strong Japan ties.
- Haru Morita, Chairman, President and Chief Executive Officer, REGIMMUNE Corporation, located in Santa Clara and Tokyo
- Douglas Crawford, Ph.D., Associate Director, California Institute for Quantitative Biosciences (QB3); & Managing Director, Mission Bay Capital
- Mary Haak-Frendscho, Ph.D., Chief Executive Officer, Igenica, Inc.
- Robert Kneller, Ph.D., Professor, Research Center for Advanced Science and Technology (RCAST), University of Tokyo & Visiting Professor, Stanford Medical School.
- John V. Roos, former U.S. Ambassador to Japan
- Network with the speakers, innovators and entrepreneurs. Wine and hors d’oeuvres provided by the Japan Society of Northern California.
Attendees will gain invaluable insights into:
- QB3’s unique strategy to encourage pure bioscience research and facilitate its entrepreneurial realization
- REGIMMUNE’s distinctive business model that combines activities in both Japan and the U.S.
- Dr. Haak-Fredscho’s perspective on U.S. – Japan biotech business and career opportunities, shaped by Igenica’s recent start-up and founding Takeda Pharmaceutical’s San Francisco research organization.
By midnight Friday, September 20th:
- $15 per person for Japan Society Members & Students with ID
- $20 per person for Non-members
- No refunds after September 11th.
By 2:00 PM on Wednesday, September 25th:
- $20 per person for Japan Society Members & Students with ID
- $25 per person for Non-members
- $30 per person (cash or credit accepted at the door)
UCSF Mission Bay Genentech Hall
600 16th Street
San Francisco, CA 94158
Please click here for directions & parking.